Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Gray and Yellow Wedding Quilt

My cousin Doug got married to his beautiful wife Brittany in June and of course, I made them a quilt! Their wedding colors were gray and yellow. At first I had a hard time finding a gray and yellow quilt that didn't read "baby quilt", but finally I found the perfect pattern. Natalia Bonner has a book called "Modern One-Block Quilts" and there is a quilt inside called the "A-Maze Me Quilt". The sample in the book was gray and yellow, so I could perfectly picture what the final result would be!

My next decision was which size pattern to follow. I had a choice between a 66" x 66" (which looked too small) or a 99" x 99". I chose the bigger one, thinking it would look better on their bed. After assembling this quilt top (and sewing non-stop one night from 5:00PM to 2:30AM to finish it in time to drop off to be quilted!) I vowed never to make a quilt that big again! At least not for awhile. Haha. ;) In the end, they were VERY happy with how it turned out. I've included a video at the end that shows the moment I gave it to them. Recording videos of the recipients receiving their quilts is my new favorite thing to do, especially when I can't be with them in person. I love that I get to watch their reactions over and over. They make me smile every time I watch them. Without further ado, here are some pictures of the "A-Maze Me Quilt".
The quilt was too big for my sister and I to hold up without help, so we laid it out on the floor instead.
The next few pictures give you an idea just how big the quilt was. I am 5'1"!
As promised, here is the video of Doug and Brittany receiving their quilt.


7 comments:

  1. If you have a minute, I'd like to introduce you to my blog "Emily's Virtual Rocket". This is a serious newsblog with a special emphasis on transgender issues. Almost every day, the newsblog is updated, so you can read the very latest. In addition, I have covered news critiquing Donald Trump.


    I hope you find this interesting. Please enter the following:


    emilysvirtualrocket.blogspot.com


    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egal ob Sie das passende Kleid für Ihren Anlass gewählt haben oder einfach eine Anfrage über unsere Kollektionen oder Fachhändler haben, zögern Sie bitte nicht, sich mit unserem Team in Verbindung zu setzen.
    Mehr Kleider, klicken Sie bitte www.jadegowns.abiballkleider berlin
    Für mehr Kleider Informationen, bitte E-Mail at www.jadegowns.de@outlook.com.

    ReplyDelete

  3. For this innovation, Origina Replica Breitling has created a dial and a ceramic bezel of chocolate color ,it was the Ceragold technology that was used to create the Rolex Submarine and the new Hermes handbags indexes on the dive scale.This 1:1 Replica Rolex Watches features a brown leather strap with rubber lining.The new Rolex Submarine is made of stainless steel, crisp lines and crisp,make this exceptional sports top replica watches such as sporting champions and talented runners a daunting challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is generally a wonderful website i should say,I enjoyed reading your articles
    escape games

    ReplyDelete