Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Cuzco Crossroads Quilt

I have another quilt finish to share with you all! I'm calling this one the "Cuzco Crossroads Quilt" because the fabric line is Cuzco by Kate Spain and the pattern is called Crossroads from the Moda Bake Shop.
 I love the striking geometric pattern and the contrast between the white and the vibrant colors.
 The swirling clouds quilting pattern really blends the sharp corners and adds great depth to the quilt.
I auditioned a few different binding color options, but the gray really seemed to tie everything together without distracting from the colors in the quilt.

This quilt is now my third official Etsy listing! I had a lot of fun making this quilt, but the blocks were pretty time-consuming. Aside from cutting out all of my pieces in the beginning, it took me 45 minutes to an hour to piece each block. This was definitely a factor in my final price determination. I still have a hard time putting a price on my quilts, but I can only hope that the person who purchases them will truly appreciate the time, effort, and love that went into each and every one of them. Etsy sales or not, I'm going to keep making. I can't wait to share my newest projects with you! :)

4 comments:

  1. This is a beauty ! I can imagine it took some time. Pricing our own work is always tough. I had a look at your Etsy listing and I don't think your price is out of line. What really bugs me is when people price their work too low. If I was going to give away my time, skills and materials then it would have a bow on it and a gift card ! :)
    Colleen @ piecemakerquilts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness it's beautiful. Those blocks are really neat and it looks like you did a wonderful job matching up the seams. I just finished a terrain quilt and took pictures against the snow too and it's my first quilt for sale on Etsy. I totally agree it's hard putting a price on something you make but that's handmade for ya: we make for passion and are hopeful for profit, trying to find a balance between selling ourselves short and pricing out of the market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic quilt! I really like your colour choices, a great mix with the white, like you say.

    ReplyDelete