Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Finished Green Value Quilt

My latest finish is this green baby quilt for a friend of mine. I saw pictures online of "value quilts" and I wanted to see if I could arrange darks and lights to get the same effect. I managed to pull all of these greens from my stash, so I didn't spend any extra money to make this quilt. I'm extremely pleased with how it turned out!

Here's a picture of my finished quilt:

Here's a picture of my inspiration from Sew Katie Did:

I used my leftovers to make an improv/scrappy backing. I also did some basic stitch in the ditch quilting because 1) I wanted to finish it quickly and didn't want to wait to get it back from a quilter, and 2) I loved the way the dark green rings stood out and I didn't want to do anything to distract from that.

I machine stitched the binding so it would be really durable and hold up to lots of washes (I'm told babies are messy).

This was a really fun project to work on. I got the idea in my head and I had the top finished two days later. When inspiration hits, it's best to take advantage of it! :) Let me know what you think in the comments. This quick little project has kick-started a "finishing spree", so hopefully I'll have more progress pictures to show you soon.

1 comment:

  1. I love all the pictures! And I love your color scheme! It is beautiful.