Saturday, November 22, 2014

Schnitzel & Boo Mini Quilt Swap Progress

I recently signed up for my very first online mini quilt swap. I was a little nervous about throwing my hat into the ring with such a talented group of quilters, but my excitement outweighed my nervousness and I signed up anyway! I had seen previous swaps on Instagram and loved the idea of showing sneak peeks of your progress as you worked on the quilt. We got our partner assignments about a week ago, and right away I went to work.

The quilter that I was assigned to is amazingly talented and has tried just about every technique you can think of. Of course, being me, I started to overthink everything. I wanted to create something that matched her tastes, but also included a little bit of my point of view (whatever that is). I scoured my quilting magazines and books and finally found a paper piecing pattern that looked like what I was picturing in my head. I pulled all of the fabrics from my stash and had JUST ENOUGH to make this pattern work. I'm really excited about where this one is heading and I can't wait for my partner to see it when it's finished.

Here's a picture of my progress as of tonight (hence, the slightly dim lighting... I was too excited to wait until tomorrow!). The deadline to mail the quilts is January 16, 2015.


1 comment:

  1. It's looking fabulous!! I love the combo of the busy print and the near solids!

    ReplyDelete