Thursday, January 29, 2015

Boho Baby Quilts

This week, I finished two baby quilts and today I was finally able to get some pictures of them. Now I can post them in my Etsy shop (and on the blog, of course!). 


I used the Indian Summer fabric line from Art Gallery Fabrics (plus a few solids) and this was my first experience sewing equilateral triangles. Confession: this was originally one long, skinny, awkwardly proportioned quilt top AND I've had it completed for almost two years now! I pulled it out recently and knew I couldn't make it work as a regular sized quilt, so I chopped it in half and voila! Two awesome baby quilts!


I also wanted to "set the stage" and get some pictures of these quilts in an actual kid's room, so I asked my friend Michelle if I could come over and take some pictures of the quilts hanging over the edge of her daughter's crib. I love the way the longarm quilting adds so much texture and movement! 


Let me know what you think of the final product! Have you ever made a quilt pattern using equilateral triangles before? (I would do it again in a heartbeat!)

4 comments:

  1. These are great! I love baby quilts that aren't "babyish" if you know what I mean. I'm just getting ready to make an equilateral triangle quilt--my first. I have a feeling there will be more in my future, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scale of these, and the fabric mix too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made a quilt with triangles before but this one does;t look easy to assemble. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! This is a fabulous quilt. It has triangles. But wait, some of them are smaller than other, some are made of strips and others are framed. But (and this is the amazing/wonderful part) they all WORK together, beautifully! Love everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete